Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bruises, Swimming, and TWO New Firsts

That Tylenol bottle was worth the obstacle he had to take.

I never knew what having a boy REALLY meant until, well... now! Jackson is all over the place, climbing on everything, bumping and banging his head on everything, and everday is a new red/purple/blue "mark" on his precious little face. I have a feeling we will have many trips to the ER.


The day I took these pictures he had fallen on our cabinet door, I can't say he "bit" his tounge because he didn't have teeth, but his tounge began to profusely bleed. I picked him right up and took him to the freezer for a popsickle. He was a tough little rascal. Later that day we were playing in his room, and to tell you the truth I have NO IDEA how he fell, but the poor thing banged his head up pretty good. A week later the bruises are finally gone.



Tuesday before we left for the beach we met up with some friends, including Annie and her daughter Brooklyn to go swimming. Brooklyn and Jackson go to JuJu's together (JuJu is Brooklyn's G-mother) so they love eachother!

Brooklyn
Jackson has turned into a water baby! It would be an understatement to say he loves it. I'm so glad he enjoys the water and being outside. I normally catch him standing at our front/back door banging on it, and normally crying. He always wants to go outside!
I'm so happy to be able to stay home with him this summer. It has truly been an experience, to say the least. I LOVE being home with my baby, but being a stay-at-home mom is not for everyone! :)

As you notice in our title we have had not one but TWO new firsts. I never dreamed of how excited I would be about Jackson learning to do/get new things. It is such an awesome feeling.

On June 6, 2010 Jackson took his very FIRST Step!!


Today he is taking atleast 3 steps at a time. I told Joshua he must take 1 to get to 5! We are almost walking!
Our second first is (drumroll please)...we have our FIRST TOOTH!! We spotted it on June 13, the day before we left for our vacation, and well let's just say he WILL NOT let us get a little picture! He is also getting his top two teeth. We will have a mouth full in the next two weeks.

I have A LOT to catch up on. The next few posts will probably be a little lengthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment