Monday, July 19, 2010

Bye-Bye "baba"??

I may break down in tears by the end of this post. Sounds crazy, I know, but I hate change. And I really am not ready for my baby to not be a baby anymore.

Today, I took away that little thing that Jackson has bonded with, learn to hold, give him his chubby figure, his white tounge, and most importantly put him to sleep everynight- you guessed it- his Bottle.

When I was a child, I drank a bottle till I was about 8 years old. Yes, EIGHT. I would have friends spend the night and I would wait for them to fall asleep so I could go fix my bottle. I fixed my bottle MYSELF. My mom did everything she could, but she just didn't have the heart to take it away. And honestly, neither do I. She refused to buy me new nipples, so my bottles were ragged out. You could bend the nipple to the side- and there would be a huge hole there. It was ridiculous. The woman wouldn't even fix my bottle for me. :/

Needless to say, I've been a little worried about my sweet boy saying good-bye to his bottle. I knew if I didn't make it a huge deal- (like when I fix his VERY LAST bottle, or bought his very last can of formula, etc.) it wouldn't be a problem. See, everynight I lay Jackson down with a bottle. Every morning I give Jackson bottle, and during both naps. Its his thing, and thats what he loves. To me, I didn't really see what the difference in a sippy cup and a bottle was, but believe me there is a difference. He didn't WANT the sippy for bed, he wanted his bottle. He whimpered and whined a little while, and off to dreamland he went.

Sweet boy.

Why do things like this have to be so hard for me? He did perfect without his bottle, it was ME that had the hard time. When I shut the door after laying him down the first time without his bottle, and he said "Maaa-mmm-ammma..." I lost it. I sat down in the living room and just cried. I texted Joshua and told him how proud I was, and of course he was too.

What am I going to do when he goes to kindergarten?

He is going to be one in just 10 days and I can't believe it. This has been the best year of my life, and I am So. Thankful. Last year, Joshua and I were awaiting his arrival and wondering who he was going to look like.

I came across this, it's written in the book we wrote in while I was pregnant.

July 16, 2009
36 weeks and 1 day

        I think you must be running out of room in my tummy. You like to kick me in my right rib- I have no idea why only the right side. The other night daddy was "talking" to you and you kicked him in the head! I was so proud of you! :) He also told you to give him high five- and you did! We are getting very impatient and cannot wait to meet you!

Love,
Mommy


Look how far we've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment